So, I started thinking. How's about an oil cleansing for the feet? Shouldn't it work like it does on the face? Yes! It should!
I tried it and I liked it. It's not a magical cure-all, and I don't think I could do this every night, but it's really really nice. And I definitely could do it once a week. It's very luxurious and comforting.
|Ponderosa Pine-infused Sweet Almond Oil from Miri Botanicals|
What you need
- 1/4 cup oil (I used pine-infused sweet almond, but you can use any oil you want)
- 2 towels
- hot water
- 1 large bowl or pot
- essential oils if desired
How to do it
- Place one of the towels on the floor in front of a chair (to catch drips and to dry your feet);
- Place one of the towels in the bowl and add hot-as-you-can-stand-it tap water until the towel is just saturated but not sopping wet;
- Sit down and place one foot in the bowl;
- Wrap the towel around your foot and sit for 5 minutes or so;
- Towel off that foot and apply a good amount of oil onto it;
- Massage for at least 10 minutes;
- Place that foot back in the bowl and wrap the hot towel around it;
- Let it sit for a few minutes;
- Remove the oil with the wet towel;
- Dry and place a cotton sock on that foot;
- Do the other foot! You may have to get up and change the water first...
- Use a biggish towel and a biggish bowl;
- Swish the towel around in the water and turn it over a few times to keep it hot;
- Keep a kettle of hot water beside you so you can add more hot water as needed.
You can get this Ponderosa Pine Oil from my Etsy shop: Miri Botanicals!